free school meals
There are two kinds of Free School meals
1 Universal Free School Meals This was brought in by the coalition government in 2014 to offer a free meal to all children in Reception and Key Stage 1, no matter how much their parents earned or what their economic status is.
These are not connected to the vouchers. Not all children Reception or Key Stage 1 are entitled to vouchers under the government’s scheme.
2 Needs-based Free School Meals This is where free meals are offered to families based on their household income, economic status or benefits. This is about 15% of children at Stanley Road. You would already know you are registered for free school meals. During school closure these pupils will also receive the government vouchers.
These vouchers are being distributed by a company called EdenRed.We are aware that there have been some delays, this is unfortunately due to the amount of schools accessing the resource.All of our current qualifying parents have had vouchers requested on their behalf.We are aware some parents have received their email from EdenRed and some have not yet – we do not have any control over this – it is down to the EdenRed system working through the sheer volume of requests.Please keep checking the email account you provided, including your junk / spam box for an email from EdenRed.Once you receive your email you will need to do the following:
1. Copy eCode from your email or text message
2. Click on Redeem your code or Go to www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk
3. Enter the 16 digit eCode (you can enter more than one eCode if you have more than one to redeem)
4. Select a supermarket
5. Enter the amount and add to basket
6. Checkout and enter the email address you would like the eGift card sent to
7. Your eGift card will be processed and sent (please allow up to 24 hours for it to be delivered to your inbox).HOWEVER THIS DOES APPEAR TO BE TAKING MORE THAN 1 DAY IN SOME CASES
Please also read our FAQ sheet for further help.