What the funding can be for
- To hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
- To provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- To introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- To support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
- Run sport competitions.
- To increase pupils’ participation in the School Games.
- To run sports activities with other schools.
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium.
The funding is used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
Click below to see how the Sports Premium Funding is spent:
Over the past few years we have raised the profile of school swimming by enrolling in the ASA school swimming scheme, working towards a range of awards.
We are passionate about teaching our children to swim, whilst ensuring they learn essential survival skills. The structure of the ASA programme supports us in our aim to have all Year 6 six children able to swim and meet the National Curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety.
Swimming Information for Year 6 Pupils – End of 2019-20
Due to school closure caused by the outbreak of Covid-19, we are unfortunately unable to publish accurate information on the swimming abilities of our year 6 children from the academic year of 2019-20